terça-feira, 5 de outubro de 2010

Hooping for me...

Não sei por que mas não estou sentindo inspiração pra escrever em português no momento.

Modern hooping has quickly changed over its short history. Hoopers nowadays seem to be in a geek phase, mixing physics, theories to come up with new ways to use the hoop(s). Isolation, rolls, manipulation, reversal, paddling, everybody wants to know as many tricks as possible. I've noticed that countries in the Northern Hemisphere have a tendency to express movement more through their upper bodies instead of the bottom like us from Latin countries.

It's all fascinating but this weekend I found out 2 things: I'm definitely an old school hooper and I don't enjoy hooping on grass as much. I move and slide my feet too much and I usually lose balance on grass. My favorite moment at Hoop Camp was hooping and dancing at the dinning room. It felt so GOOD. What really enchants me is body movement, flow and dance. For that, I'm sad I missed Malcolm's workshop. Feeling the music, the rhythm, the heart... I get hypnotized with a good dancer. I have a very organic way of dancing, therefore I am not good with instructions about how to move my body but I've noticed sometimes getting a new trick in the middle of my dance without feeling. It works that way: when I am not thinking.

It's also interesting to see how spirituality is always brought up on these events. We hear a lot words like empowerment, goddesses, divine spirit, sacred circle and all the new age terminologies. Being hippie at heart as I am, I don't mind this fusion at all. In fact, Hoop Camp helped me clear my mind and focus on more meaningful things that sometimes I forget when I'm in the middle of a storm as I've been lately. It's a great metaphor for being in the middle of the circle (lots of thinking I need to do on this subject) Anyway, I needed to connect with this community and feel inspired again and Hoop Camp achieved this plan for me.

Now let's see if I can switch back to Portuguese.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário